How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask F E Smith Your Own Question
F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10257
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
Type Your Law Question Here...
F E Smith is online now

I need to restore my company to pay my VAT as the assets

Customer Question

I need to restore my company to pay my VAT as the assets have been taken by the treasury.
I have a n208 form I need help completing and also need to know who the defendant is in the case ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

The process is on this website which you may have seen already.

there is also a guide from the Treasury Solicitor’s office which is far more comprehensive.

the correct defendant is the Registrar of Companies.

You will see a sample for on page 11 of the guide.

It’s worthwhile mentioning that if ever solicitors need to restore a company, they would normally use the services of one of the specialist firms that deal with nothing else. They would rarely deal with it themselves.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Please don’t forget to rate the service positive. It’s an important part of the process by which experts get paid.

Best wishes.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do I find the specialists solicitors ?
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

They usually advertise in the law journals.

Here are a few firms (not necessarily solicitors)



I have no experience of any of them, I just did a search on the Internet.

Best wishes.