F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.

Please can you help,me, my ex husband was charged it's abuse

Please can you help,me, my ex husband was charged it's abuse he had a hearing in March , then I backed down and retracted my statements because if health and family issues , I was told if I had not heard from pf in two to four weeks it was not going ahead, I stupidly have spoken to and had him visit sporadically since, now I have been told he was in court yesterday and charged with bail conditions now in place, which they were not before yesterday, now I am scared to death that I will be prosecuted for having contact with him between March and June will I be punished for this please help

Did you instigate the contact or did he instigate it?

How can he be charged with breaching bail conditions before yesterday if they were not in place until yesterday?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He did I just needed to know for sure that the bail conditions were from yesterday and not the diet hearing in which there was insufficient evidence and further investigation was needed ,

The bail condition is a bail condition on your ex, to protect you.

If you breach the condition then he should not be prosecuted and nor should you. However if he breaches the condition without your consent, then he is likely to be prosecuted.

It’s not uncommon for breaches of condition to go without penalty provided the breach is mutual’s for example, if a couple reconcile

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks