How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have moved into a village where one particular lady is

Customer Question

I have moved into a village where one particular lady is constantly maligning my name publicly and this is causing me a great deal of distress. Should I send her a letter to stop this behaviour or risk being reported to the Police or try to ignore her and become more reclusive.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

What is she saying exactly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Making accusations that I am complaining to church authorities about her when I am not. Bringing my name into disripute in public meetings of the womens institute. Constantly telling lies to others about me and encouraging them not to have anything to do with me. Telling people not to trust me and putting them under pressure not to talk to me. In all trying to isolate me when frankly I can do with out since im having extensive treatment for cancer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you on line please?