How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My wife and I have been separated now year..sure left and is

This answer was rated:

My wife and I have been separated now for a year..sure left and is now living in rented accommodation..I live in our home which is solely in my name on the deeds. I have no mortgage, when can I actually buy her out of the property? Do I need her permission to do this? she had also placed a rights of notice on the house

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How long were you living together and are there any children involved

How much is the property worth and what other assets are there

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No children involved, we were together 28 valued at 90, other assets

Can you raise £45,000 to buy her out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had talks yesterday on a remortgage
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do I need her permission to do this as to when it can i need to do it thru a solicitor

Then you will need to negotiate with your ex and obtain her agreement - or obtain a Court Order within divorce proceedings which allows for this to happen

The starting point is to try and discuss matters with her using Family mediation

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you

You are most welcome I hope all goes well

Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you