How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My Dad who has died had and account with Bradford exchange

This answer was rated:

My Dad who has died had and account with Bradford exchange and they keep sending coins to my mum and billing her for the money we have tried several ways to send the coins back we have rang the number they supply five times and I have sent an email telling them that we don't want these coins and my mum is 85 and does not need the worry. But they are still sending her bills and are now adding interest what can we do now?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Have you written to them via post or just email?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
only by email

Ok - you should send a letter recorded delivery asking them to stop and arrange collection of the coins within 28 days or say they will be disposed of.

They are not entitled to charge as she did not order them.

There is no contract with the coin company and your mum. Therefore she does NOT have to pay anything.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you