How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Q: How do I apply restraining order to stop someone from

Customer Question

Q: How do I apply for a restraining order to stop someone from harassing me by email and telephone with persistent threats of legal action against me. All efforts to require them to deal with my lawyer are being ignored and they have been told that the persistent contact is harassing me. Can i apply in the county court or do i have to go the high Court. Do i have to give the other party notice as I wish to obtain an order on Monday as they have refused for the third time to agree to a cease and desist letter from my lawyer. The other party is an individual who used to be a practising lawyer but is acting in their own capacity.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

Have you reported this to the police? Do you have letters, emails, texts or anything like that of these constant threats? Do you know whether the person is on the roll of solicitors at the Law Society?

Has your lawyer threatened an application to court?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Person Is not registered as a solicitor. That is an issue being looked into. I would like to know what court i need to go to to apply for a restraining order in a civil action ( county or high court) , is there a prescribed form and fee i need to file and whether I can go first thing on Monday morning. I may involve the police once i have a restraining order but the individual is overseas and running his campaign via email. I am aware generally that such harassment may be a criminal matter.