How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71051
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I got a purgery charged incorrect forms of 2 speeding fines,

This answer was rated:

Hi i got a purgery charged for filling incorrect forms of 2 speeding fines, im about to plead guilty i m a single mother of a 12 year old and in full time work i am also on anti depressent can you please tell me what pynishment can i get? If i get banned i lose my job too as it involves me driving n traveling

Do you mean perverting the course of justice?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was perverting the course if justice but they changed it to perjury last week
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm really sorry but a ban is the least of your worries.

I'm very sorry but you are at risk of custody. In fact, if you avoid custody you will be very lucky. There is clear case law that perverting should almost always lead to a short custodial sentence.

Perjury is more serious so the chances of it are high.

The only chance of a suspended sentence is that you have care of a child and that isn't the strongest I'm afraid.

I'm very sorry but I can only give you truthful information.

Can I clarify anything for you?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
u recon there are chances i can get suspended sentence instead of prison? Also ban is must ? Right?

Not really to be honest. It is an outside chance but I would marshall your affairs for custody.

A ban is not likely for perjury.

Jo C. and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you