How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have been separated from my husband years the house I live

Customer Question

I have been separated from my husband for 9 years the house I live in was my mother's and passed to me there was a mortgage which is in my name and I have paid it on my own along with all other household bills the only contribution he has made is approx £40 a week towards our sons upkeep.
Our son is 20 and has aspergers and ADHD and now has a pip in place.
Does he have any rights to any of the money I raise if I sell t h e bungalow.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How much is the property worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?

What assets does your ex have.

How long were you living together?