How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

With savings of about £150,000 and a property worth about

Customer Question

With savings of about £150,000 and a property worth about £450,000 is it likely I would qualify for assistance from the Bar Pro bono unit? I am 75 and live alone.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Financially you should be eligible but it will depend on what work you need the barrister to do for you - you can see more about how they can assist here:

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** i have been a solicitor for more than 30 years

Given the fact that you have £150,000 in savings I am afraid that you are unlikely to meet the first requirement

and I quote:-

"We can only assist if public funding cannot be obtained and you cannot pay privately".

Please ask if you need further details