How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I need advise to make sure I.m doing right thing as my

This answer was rated:

Hi, I need advise to make sure I.m doing right thing as my children are involved here.I. separated from my husband(alcoholic) from 2011,he lives*****from us, we have 2 daughters together,6 and 8.Back at 2011 he attack me when I had our 2 years daughter on my hands, so he has criminal record, non-molestation order for one year for threatening and harassing me to stop contacting me and I have residential order for kids.
All this years we were friends, looking after kids, he was not drunk in front of kids but always drinking when by himself( could see his face on skype when he spoke to girls and his drunk voice on phone). Last few month he drinks a lot so mentally he became very aggressive now and sending non stop messages, promising lots of nasty things, I booked tickets to go to Ukraine to see girls great mother for 3 weeks(we don't have other relatives) and he,s saying he will ask his solicitor to stop me. should I call police to help to stop harassing me, social services for meetings girls with him through them as he can be drunk....what to do?

Hi, thank you for your question. As you have a residence order in place this entitles you to travel abroad with the children named in the order for up to a month without needing his consent. Just ensure that you have a copy of the order with you when you travel in the event that the border staff request confirmation.

In relation to his harassment and abuse, if the non-molestation order has not expired and he is breaching any terms then this is a criminal offence and you should contact the police. If it has expired and you feel at risk by his actions then you can apply for a further non-molestation order to your local family court using form FL401.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you