How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 823
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

Our neighbours are a middle aged couple he drives she doesnt

This answer was rated:

Our neighbours are a middle aged couple he drives she doesnt she also doesnt travel in any car he has up to 7 cars at any one time
Minimally 3 which is sort of tolerable he buys them then stands them on our block without any adverts but he sells them and hires them out if he moves 1 he tends to adjust the car either side so no one can take that space then when he comes back he moves the other 2 back again thus so deliberately stopping anyone else parking there now hes in with some jobless layabouts who live opposite me and they've joined his way of parking what can i do???

Hello, I am solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.

Are the cars parked on a public road not in contravention of any parking regs?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cars are parked on a straight public road with with double yellow lines on one side
and room for around 18-20 cars on the other

It doesn't sound as if he is breaking any rules regarding use of the road.

I am afraid that there is probably very little that you can do about this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean probably very little. very little is better than nothing are you saying hes not breaking any law or regulation or traffic act at all. what about the clean neighbourhood act 2005 on having to many cars in a short space

I the cars are not advertised then no the Act you refer to is not triggered.

see section below

3Exposing vehicles for sale on a road

(1)A person is guilty of an offence if at any time—

(a)he leaves two or more motor vehicles parked within 500 metres of each other on a road or roads where they are exposed or advertised for sale, or

(b)he causes two or more motor vehicles to be so left.

(2)A person is not to be convicted of an offence under subsection (1) if he proves to the satisfaction of the court that he was not acting for the purposes of a business of selling motor vehicles.

(3)A person guilty of an offence under subsection (1) is liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 4 on the standard scale.

(4)In this section—

I am afraid in what you describe there is no offence and no action you can take.

  • “motor vehicle” has the same meaning as in the Refuse Disposal (Amenity) Act 1978 (c. 3);

  • “road” has the same meaning as in the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (c. 27).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the laws of the land allows one person to fill a street up with cars while all other residents have to park else were
What about nuisance parking or anti social behavior
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also arnt his cars EXPOSED for sale even though they dont have adverts on.
I know they are for sale or hire so does the majority of the street

How do you know\ How can you prove it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well weve lived down our street for 25 years so has the neighbour but we get on as neighbours. Obviously we dont want to create tension and fallouts so we never mention anything about what he does
Anyway when you see people looking at a particuler car then it disappears and another car turns up well it looks obvious doesnt it??? This is on an occasional basis when a mug comes along otherwise they only move when the want MOTing or fixing
Yes ive seen paperwoek and cash changing hands so thats my only proof which i guess isnt enough

Probably not |I am afraid. It will be impossible to do anything without creating tension but I do not think there is anything that can be done.

LondonlawyerJ and other Law Specialists are ready to help you