How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

When making a civil claim in the gh court multi-track,

This answer was rated:

when making a civil claim in the high court multi-track, should we name a court, or will we be allocated a court. If we are to name a court (the forms ask us to), should we choose a location by which is easier, or are there any legal reasons that we should choose a court, like it has to be the city with the most link to the applicant or responder?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please can this be kept open

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Is the claimant or defendant in person or a company?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry i am not sure re this questionclaim is person
defendent is person not company

Ok. It will be transferred to the defendant home court. That is the court rule.

If the defendant was a company it would be transferred to the claimants home court.

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks you
the defendent is not in uk so will that effect things?

I see. It will be the home court of the claimant then. Does that clarify? Alex

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks you