How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have signed up last year PT course in the town a used live

This answer was rated:

Hi there!
I have signed up last year for a PT course in the town a used live at the time. I paid a 250 deposit. I had a tutor assigned to me who was hard to reach. I sent messages and tried to contact him on many occasions. Finally he did get back to me but told me he lives in a town 40 miles from me. I did wright emails to PT Academy. This was dragging on for 6 weeks and I was still getting nowhere. The entire course is only 2 months. I did write emails to PT Academy how unhappy I am and at the end I canceled the course. I even spoken to their representative on the phone what do I have to do if I want to cancel this course. I was told that I will loose my deposit and pay a 150 pound fine. I said fine lets do it. PT Academy did take money out of my account next month direct debit from my account. I was shocked to see they are still asking for payments later on. I have received an email couple of days ago from Daniels Silverman Proactive Debt Recovery reminding me of an outstanding balance for 1,317.07 towards PT Academy. I don`t know why? I don`t know who to turn to for some help. I sure don`t know what to do? Could you help me please?
With Kind Regards,
Arpad Berkeszi

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Did you explain why you were cancelling the course? Do you have copies of those emails sent?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did explain why I cancel the course and yes I do have the emails and sms messages.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do I do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess I need to hire a proper lawyer! :)

Ok - then you dont need to worry.

Simply reply back and say that they are in breach of contract by failing to provide the service to which YOU paid.

Therefore no further fees are payable. Indeed you could seek to claim a refund of any fees you have paid to them.

If anything does happen all they can do is issue a small claim. You dont need to worry about Solicitors costs as they can not be recovered.

Its unlikely anything will happen.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. All clear, I just hope you`re right! Thanks! :)

I am! If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you