How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35214
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

What rights has my son to see s 18 year old son with Autism

This answer was rated:

what rights has my son to see his 18 year old son with Autism who has had limited visiting rights for the last 9 years imposed by his ex wife

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first

What mental capacity does your grandson have

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is Autistic able to know the difference between right and wrong
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Clare did you get my answer I'm not very good on computers

Do you know if the mother has been appointed as his Deputy?

Does he have a Social worker?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No she is not appointed his deputy but he does have a social worker
my son has tried to see these people but she wont let him know who they are and wont give him any information, she was given custody by the court many years ago and said she has sealed orders by the court saying my son cannot see his son but my son has never seen these and she wont let him see them, at the time of the break up my son had been through a nervous breakdown he is fine now remarried with two children with his second wife
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please can you tell me when I can expect an answer

My apologies for the delay

Has he actually contacted Social Services and asked who deals with his son?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No my son's ex has told him the courts took all his rights away so he can't contact anyone and they won't talk to him I have told him as a father he has rights

His ex is wrong.

No Court has taken his rights away and in any event his son is now an adult and has rights of his own.

Your son should contact Social Services and find out who is dealing with his son

He can then discuss what his son wants and then if necessary make an applictaion to the court if need be

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you

You are most welcome I hope all goes well

Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you