How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hallo, I am the design director and a director in a company

Customer Question

Hallo, I am the design director and a director in a company that is developing a new product for children. We are about to go for funding and I need to transfer copyright in the name, a number of characters and the design of their environment, all of which I have created, to our company. I have four fellow directors and we all have a very good working relationship. However, who knows what the future could bring so I want to know if there is a way of licensing my work so that the company is free to develop it in any way that it sees fit, but also protects my interest in the future?
Many thanks for your time,
Best wishes,
John Gosler
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Will you receive a license fee? Will you receive shares in the company? Kind regards AJ