How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have bought a new piece of specialist camera equipment

Customer Question

Hi. I have bought a new piece of specialist camera equipment from a London based supplier who was the uk agent for said equipment. It cost £ 23922 plus VAT. I had retained 10% of the invoice £1922. Which was to be paid on receipt of the goods.and that the performance of the equipment was satisfactory. This purchase and deal was made in Oct 2015. The equipment did not arrive until jan12th 2016. There was subsequently a fault with the unit that was unresolved for some time until it was eventually sent back to the manufacturer in the united states. I had asked either for a full Refund or to have a replacement unit. Subsequently a new unit has been commissioned for me in the states but the manufacturer is refusing to repatriate it back to me in Scotland as it transpires that the uk agent beyondHD/TX -2 broadcast not only is no longer their sales and warranty representative in the uk but also has not settled the invoice for my equipment and in fact owes money for other purchases with them to the tune of 94000 us dollars. I have contacted PayPal and my credit card company and they are of no use to me in recovering the moneys. The character who sold me this kit Keith Harding is one slippery customer. He is refusing to acknowledge my request for a refund and he is stalling on paying Letus Corporation so at this point I cannot have the goods I have paid for. Do I have a case for fraudulent activity against him or should I consider taking out a wind up order out against his business..? Is there any other options?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

How much do you want to claim for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The full amount paid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I now longer need help. I would like a refund.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i had already requested a refund
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.