How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10740
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

I am building a driveway in front of my house. I have

This answer was rated:

Hi I am building a driveway in front of my house. I have checked online on the planning portal and have been advised that this is fine i don't planning permission. I have now been contacted by the local council who are saying I do need planning permission as hte house is on a classified rd.
Please advise


Thanks for your enquiry.

You do not normally need to make a planning application to form a new access, or to improve an existing access, unless the access would be onto a classified road (an A, B or C class road). The Development Control section of your Council should be able to advise you/confirm to whether the road is classified.

If it is a classified road, then I'm afraid a formal planning application will need to be made.

I hope this assists and confirms the legal position.

Please let me know if you require any clarification.

Kind Regards


Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you