How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

In 1986 i received a claim accident i had at work. upon

Customer Question

in 1986 i received a claim for an accident i had at work.
upon receiving my final settlement i had to pay back £35000 for something called the dhss recovery act 1979.
i have since learned that i need'nt have paid this back as i worked for the council.
Can you advise on this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello Pete my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Did you receive any benefits whilst off work?