How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have started a small claim against Sanderson and I did it

This answer was rated:

I have started a small claim against Thomas Sanderson and I did it online, was only able to add myself as a claimant however have referred to both my self and partner in the claim. Thomas Sanderson is saying we must have a joint claim otherwise will be invalid. Is there a way of adding another claimant to one that has already started ?
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: what details do you need?
Assistant: Brilliant. Thank you. I'll now take you to a secure page to place your deposit with JustAnswer. Once the deposit is received, we'll continue helping you with your question.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Has a defence been filed to that effect? Do you need to add partner as a party? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No they have only filed and acknowledged. They sent me a email staying that it might be invalid however they would agree to have him added to the claim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only filed the acknowledgement of service

Ok. Then if you want to add you need to make a formal application to the court to add the second claimant.

However it may not be necessary if you are making the claim and you can use your partner as a witness.

She does not necessarily need to be a claimant.

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks is there a prescribed form to make this application?

Yes n244

Does that clarify? Alex

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you