How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10780
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

My friend has told me the solicitor he has instructed on a

This answer was rated:

My friend Carlo has told me the solicitor he has instructed on a property purchase is failing to reply to correspondence. Is there any professional obligation on a solicitor to reply promptly to a client's emails, telephone calls or letters, please?
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: No
Assistant: Brilliant. Thank you. I'll now take you to a secure page to place your deposit with JustAnswer. Once the deposit is received, we'll continue helping you with your question.


Thanks for your enquiry.

All Solicitors are under a duty to act efficiently and to observe client care. If a client is unhappy with the service being provided, a client has the right to complain. All Solicitors must have a "Complaints procedure" and all clients are entitled to request the details of this procedure.

Like everyone, no Solicitors like to receive complaints, especially as the client does have a right to also complain to the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) if they are not satisfied with the service being given, once the Solicitors Complaints procedure has been followed.

I would therefore suggest that your friend emails or writes to his Solicitor expressing his dissatisfaction and stating that unless the service improves, he will be asking for the Firm's Complaints procedure. I would hope this then does the trick. Alternatively, if it has got so bad, your friend may want to email or write straight away, asking for the Complaints procedure. If the service does not then improve, your friend should contact the SRA (DETAILS HERE--

I hope this assists and sets out the legal position.

Kind Regards


Aston Lawyer and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you