How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 49790
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

My granddaughter is having problems with her ex employers.

This answer was rated:

My granddaughter is having problems with her ex employers. They are withholding her wages after leaving their employ. They have told her she can have a cheque if she wants. But my granddaughter is not happy with that because they can be stopped at anytime. Can you give me any advice that will help her get what is rightfully hers. Thank you

Hello so as I understand it they are happy to pay her but only by cheque?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe so but with reservations. She has to hand in uniform and keys before the cheque will be written.

Is she contractually required to return these items when she leaves?

Please note I am just leaving the office so will reply when I get home later today, my response will be on here, thanks

Ben Jones and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I will call in a few mins when in the car