How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukvisasolutions Your Own Question
ukvisasolutions, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 67
Experience:  Immigration Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukvisasolutions is online now

My wife is ethiopian and we have applied extension of her

This answer was rated:

my wife is ethiopian and we have applied for an extension of her visa which we fast tracked and were interviewed yesterday..
we are £146 short off the required salary as i am working for my own Ltd company
and have only put my salary up to £20k per year in the last 6 months..
we have 12 days to appeal - they havent taken into consideration my company car or
medical insurance - is this classed as income?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we are both company directors for our business - the car and the medical insurance are shown on the P11d but they didnt take this into consideration
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there an extra cost for this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have not included clothing allowance or petrol expenses either...

Thank you for your query.

You asked whether a company car or medical insurance counts as income.

I am afraid it does not count as income. The Home Office looks at a gross income.

The only insurance that they take into account is insurance payments and medical insurance does not count.

The rules under Appendix FM is clear, you must have meet the financial requirement and if you do not, the Home Office will refuse it.

As you are a company director, the Home Office expects more documents and the financial documents must match your CT600.

Please look at the following guidance at page 57.

Please do not forget to rate my answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** use my annual petrol expenses as additional income?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You also mention insurance payments, what type of insurance are you referring to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are there any other expenses I haven't mentioned that would help my case?

I am afraid expenses do not count as income. You have to show gross income and not net income. When I say insurance money you got IN like personal injury money. You need to read the guidance above and it fully tells you how you can satisfy the financial requirement.

I would be grateful if you would kindly rate my answers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the feedback, have you any suggestions to help me find £142, I can pay myself any salary but kept it low for tax reasons not realising that home office needed a years payslips so I only increased it 6 months ago to £20,000

I am afraid your question raises complex issues which is not suitable for this forum as your case needs to be fully analysed . I strongly suggest that you see a qualified advisor in immigration law.

I would be grateful if you would now rate my answer.

Many thanks

ukvisasolutions and other Law Specialists are ready to help you