How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

How are the sheep doing?

Customer Question

How are the sheep doing?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. Do you have a legal question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
indeed, but all I get is a notice saying your team is feeling "sheepish". Can you please check out the situation.
Kind regards ***** *****
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

I’m sorry, I don’t understand. Can we have the background detail and your question please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In 2014 a lap top computer was stolen from my firm. Police gave an incident number but, according to an investigation by PIRC, the Police failed to carry out their investigation "to a reasonable standard" and recommended that the Police do the job properly.
Police are now refusing to carry out PIRC recommendation. Recently I discovered that the Incident was "written off" on 19th Nov 2014, but nobody informed me about such action or gave me any reason for their action. By great coincidence I discovered that on the 20th Nov 2014, the suspect had visited the Computer Centre where I had bought the lap top using my business bank card and tried to con the manager into giving her a false receipt for the lap top bearing her name on it. While I was pursuing her for an explanation she branded me as a "stalker" and a hot head cop charged me with such an offence.
Defence costs have now cost me over £64,000 so I want to know what was in the "written off" statement.
My question is. Have I got a legal right to view the statement and if so how do I go about gaining such a view?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The local Procurator Fiscal announced in Inverness Sheriff Court last month that he was writing to The Crown Office to try and have my case dropped. I heard yesterday that the lawyer handling my case is leaving his firm today.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

I’m sorry, this isn’t my area. I will opt out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
34;Baaa!. Next sheep please, and I have just paid my annual subscription to JustAnswer. Guess we need a lady Lawyer, who is not in the Masons. Where's Jo?
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

She's in court. She will be along later.