Myself and my partner have had domestic violence issues

myself and my partner have had domestic violence issues for a while. I reported 2 severe incidences to the police however never went through with proceedings. Nothing has happened for over 4 years. However last week he became aggressive again. I made the mistake of calling the police police. it was a minor incident. However I was hurt that he would start to abuse me again after such a long period of nothing. I basically outlined what happened over the phone and the police said they would send officers round. At which point my partner had moved out. I am relieved. However I do not want him to be arrested as it will affect his work. I do not want to be embroiled in another case. I really made a mistake. I would like to know how to stop this from going any further I have cancelled two appointments whereby they wanted to take a statement. Please tell me what will happen?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Have the officers been?

Do you have a number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please do not call on private number as the police are constantly calling me

Ok. Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you ring back as I would like further help

Sure. Alex