How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Our freeholder took the surveying company who oversaw

This answer was rated:

Our freeholder took the surveying company who oversaw a£157000 repair to our block of flats to court for bad workmanship and won out of court damages. Are we, the leaseholders in the block entitled to know how much he was awarded. We,the leaseholders were the ones who paid the £157000 for the works to be done

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Are they not providing you with this information please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No please just give me the answer by email

It's a public hearing and therefore you are entitled to the result.

You can call the court or ask the freeholder what he settlement was. You can't be expected to pay for the repairs and not to know what the court settlement was. Those sums should be refunded back or used to reduce the next years fees.

So yes,you are entitled to know.

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alex thank you, ***** ***** settled before the court case so will this still apply

Yes. You are entitled to know the outcome - you paid for it!

Does that clairfy? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you. The freeholder is having the work redone but also adding a penthouse flat to the top of the building now. He would not tell us how much the settlement was and how much the remedial works are we are concerned that some of the money will be used to pay for his penthouse

You need to know. He can't charge you for his own works! If he refuses you can get a court order requiring disclosure of this.

Does that clairfy? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alex thanks for your help

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex

Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you