How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My husband and I split up 2 and half years ago when I found

This answer was rated:

Hi my husband and I split up 2 and half years ago when I found him to be having an affair. He is in the army and was posted away at the time. I stayed in the marital home however this is in his name solely. He pays a sky bill for our daughter but other than that everything is me. He has been posted abroad for the last 2 years. All his bank stuff is still registered at this house. I received a compliance check letter from
Concentrix on behalf of hmrc stating they believe me still to be in a relationship. We have no proof of separation. The last few months we have been trying to get back together but as he is abroad this is very hard. I called to tell concentrix this today but was told if not officially together I can still claim. I'm so worried we will not be able to provide the proof needed and contemplating just saying we together from Jan. Would this make it better? I so ill with worry

Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm Concentrix's involvement in relation to which benefits?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hmrc in relation to working tax and child tax credits. I work part time 18.75 hrs per week

Thank you. If you have separated then you should inform them of this as well as the full circumstances and facts. Even though you are registered in the same household this does not mean that you remain a couple and in the investigation they need to assess all factors. I refer you to the government guidance that they use when assessing whether you are a couple or separated here:

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you