How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10772
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

My husband and I took equity out in 2013 at a rate of5.3%

This answer was rated:

My husband and I took equity out in 2013 at a rate of5.3% interest. In April of this year my husband passed away and I decided to pay the debt. My husband became ill just after we took equity of £66,000.00. We only took £6,000.00 out into an ISA so I had a total of £62,000.00 which included the interest. On applying for a settlement figure it was a total of over £91,000.00 for just short of three years. I was rather taken aback and wondered if this extortionate amount could be legal. I would just say I have in fact paid this although I still feel that I have been robbed. Please can you clarify this for me? Sandra Sunderland.

Hi Sandra, thanks for your enquiry. Could you please tell me with which Company the equity loan was taken out and the name of the scheme? Thanks Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just Retirement via Key Solutions Equity on bungalow valued at £195,000.00
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you received my answer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not wish to pay any more. Please answer as best you can now. Thank you.

Hi Sandra, thanks for your reply. Just Retirement are a recognised equity release provider, and no doubt you were advised by a Solicitor concerning the implications of the loan. Just Retirement always provide details of the interest payable with the paperwork. If so, I'm afraid there is nothing you can do to dispute what the outstanding sum was. Please let me know if you require any further clarification. I am sorry this is not the answer you were looking for. Kind Regards Al

Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you