How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10983
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

Live in England since 1997 have two British children can I

Customer Question

Live in England since 1997 have two British children can I apply for citizenship ,and how.
Many thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. Dear *****, can you provide more information please. Where are you from and what passport do you hold? Do you hold a visa or Indefinite Leave to Remain, or are you an EEA national? On what basis have you been in the UK?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I came in 1997 as a EU citizen from Portugal made my life here have 2 children with British passport only I don't have just Portuguese passport know with the changes ,want to know were I stand ?? Can I apply for a British passport?? What to do next ???
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

2. Dear *****, the first step you need to take is to apply for permanent Residence card. This will certify that you are able to live in the UK visa free. You will first need to hold this Permanent Residence card for a period of one year and then you can aply for UK citizenship. You will be able to apply then because you will have been living visa free for one year and have spent five years continuously in the uk. Here is a link to the form for applying for permanent residence card

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

3. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your question.