How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask propertylawyer Your Own Question
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 288
Experience:  Property Solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
Type Your Law Question Here...
propertylawyer is online now

Access to property Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any

This answer was rated:

access to property
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: I want to know if my neighbour can extent to me his access right over a piece of land to me so I can access my land over his land and that piece of land


Thanks for question.

Your neighbour can do this. It is done by way of 'deed of grant'.

In this document your neighbour will give you the right of way over his land to access your's. You should have a plan drawn up showing the 'route' over the land you can take to reach your land.

Any terms you agree as to payment, contribution towards maintenance of the access route, any restrictions etc will need to be recorded.

It would be fairly straightforward for a solicitor to draft.

Once signed and completed you send it to the land registry to get it registered on the title for your neighbour's land and yours. Land registry fee is £40.

Do you have any questions or queries? I am happy to assist further.

Please can I kindly request that you accept/positive rate my reply so that I receive credit for assisting you, thanks.

propertylawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you