How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I have a case with my ex partner to see me 7month old

Customer Question

Hi I have a case with my ex partner to see me 7month old daughter and he's allowed to see her 2days a week Tuesday and saturday well on Saturday I got the time mixed up an I was half an hour late an my ex was texting me saying I've breeched the order but I said to him I will be there at half past but he wudnt listen I genuinely forgot the time because he's always asking to change the times and I just want to know will I get done for being late it's only happened once I'm never late for anything.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm if you are in England or Wales?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. If there is a court order in place and it is breached then either of you are able to apply to court for enforcement of the order. However, given that you have only been late on one occasion, and it was only half an hour, realistically a court will unlikely be persuaded to carry out any enforcement so long as the court agrees that the explanation for the lateness is reasonable.

Again, I do not think you should be worried as the merits for him to pursue an application for enforcement do not outweigh the time and costs to deal with the application.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.