How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71056
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I would like to sue my biological father. I am 29 years when

Customer Question

I would like to sue my biological father. I am 29 years when this supposedly family friend came forward and stated he might be my dad. Then went on to take the paternity test to show that he is indeed my biological father. Now I would like to sue him for the stress he has put me through. He thought this through as he was a family friend and would often see him at family function throughout my whole life. This tells me he knew exactly what he was doing as he waited 29 years to bring this up. What makes him think he can just take the easy route out?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

I'm really sorry but you do not have a claim.

'Stress' is not a head of compensation in the UK.

In any event, lying is not a civil wrong in this context.

I'm very sorry but this is just a relationship issue that does not give rise a claim. Relationships issues do not generally have a remedy in law.

Can I clarify anything for you?