How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I need help with form D180; This is to confirm my decree of

This answer was rated:

I need help with form D180; This is to confirm my decree of divorce (from UK) in another EU country.

Hi, thank you for your question. I can assist you with completing the D180 certificate. Please confirm that a Decree Absolute was granted and what clarification you require regarding the D180?

Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Harris,I want to get married in Poland, where the Certificate referred to in Article 39 of Council Regulation is required from me to proceed. This is because I got married in UK in 2008 and divorced in 2011, also in the UK. Thus, I need to submit the D180 form to the relevant court.
I have found the form, but I am not clear about certain questions. Firstly, in the top right corner of the form, there are questions: In the …., Case No, Solicitor’s Case No. Do I leave this part blank or fill in what I can? Am I right in thinking it is asking about the court that I am sending this form to and the divorce court case number? I won’t have the solicitors’ case numbers, though.
Second question is about the main part of the form, question 1. Member State of Origin. Does this relate to the country where the certificate will be used, i.e. Poland or the country the marriage/divorce had taken place?
In question 3.2.2. Since it has been over five years since my divorce, I won’t be able to provide my ex-husband’s address. Should I leave this blank or provide the last address known to me?
Also, may I ask for a brief explanation of what does the question 5.4 ask about? And, finally, I understand question 8.1 is asking for the date of the divorce. Do I leave separation date in question 8.2 blank? Then, I also understand, the last part of the form Done….Date… is for the court use only? Do I need to sign this form anywhere?Many thanks for your help,

The D180 is to reflect the Decree Absolute from the UK so that it can be used in EU countries. Therefore:

-Case number ***** be the case number ***** the Decree Absolute

-Member State of Origin would be the UK

-You should provide the last known address of your husband if you have no up to date details

-Question 5.4 - would likely not be relevant to divorce unless an actual hearing took place where your husband did not attend therefore "No" should be appropriate

-Question 8.2, I would expect the date of divorce to be legal separation to be acceptable.

Once completed you do not need to sign it but need to send it back to the Court that issued the Decree Absolute (together with a copy of the Decree Absolute) and the Court will approve and stamp and return it to you.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.

Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you