How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12183
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

An employee in a place of trust looking after one of my best

This answer was rated:

An employee in a place of trust looking after one of my best customers needs, has left my employ after 12 years. Having completed an apprenticeship with me to become a plumber and heating engineer He has taken work that we have been doing exclusively for the past 5+years.
This work had no written contract with the customer. My question is do I have any redress against my ex employee for taking the work. Is there an implied contract as the relationship has been in place for more than 5 years

Thanks for your question. I'm afraid of there's no written contract there's nothing you can do about this. Any contract term concerning restraint of trade must be in writing. Otherwise your former employee can change employment or set up by himself and take on any work he pleases. Happy to discuss. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.

JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you