How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

3 months ago I put an offer on the house through estate

Customer Question

3 months ago I put an offer on the house through estate agents. They had my details and they passed the offer to the seller of the house I believe.
My offer was rejected.
My employer lives next to that house and after chatting to the people who actually bought the house he found out that all the final bills in the property are in my name. So he told me about it and I went there yesterday and collected all the letters. It looks like estate agents or seller contacted, council office, water, gas and electricity suppliers and said I was living there. I have contacted estate agents but they where very unfriendly. It is taken me so far 4 hours to contact police council office to explain I was not living there. It looks like someone made big mistake and I have to spent time to fix it all up. Is there any advantage to take any legal action against them and ask for compensation?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello Lukas my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

What is your loss please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
at the moment 4h worth of my time phoning around and lots of stress
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
plus £18 for your advise
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request compensation within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: