How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I upgraded a phone 12 days ago at Carphone Warehouse. I was

Customer Question

I upgraded a phone 12 days ago at Carphone Warehouse. I was already a customer of EE so upgraded my policy. Since then the phone has not worked properly in that I can not send/receive calls or messages on my own premises.I have returned to Carphone Warehouse on 6 occassions and have made numerous phone calls to EE support helpline. They agreed to replace my Sim card 6 days ago which they did but the phone still does not work. Carphone Warehouse have checked the phone and Sim card and assure me that there is nothing wrong with these and that the fault lies with EE. However when other EE customers sit next to me in my house, they can make/receive calls and messages whilst I can do neither. EE tell me that they will contact me but have failed to do so.I do not know who is to blame. All I know is that I have a product which does not work. I have asked for my money back at Carphone Warehouse but they say that as I was already in possession of a contract with EE and was simply extending/upgrading it,I do not have any right to a return. Please can you advise me what I should do next ? Thankyou.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you want to achieve please? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to know what( if anything) I can do in a situation where I am paying £28 per month for a product which I can not use in my own house and how I can go about cancelling my new contract or getting someone to sort out the problem.