How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10956
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to

Customer Question

Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: I have been living in UK for 9 years and worked with just little breaks. I am trying to fill in EEA (PR) papers. There is a question about WRS for which I was supposed to apply once I had got my first job. Unfortunately, due to luck of awareness, I never registered for one. In 2011 the whole idea of this card was abolished and there is no need to apply for one. You need to prove the last 5 years of your residency but in the questionnaire they ask for employment details from the date you entered the country. Can I just supply the last five years (since the WRS was scrapped) or do I need to give them my full history of employment? I'm Polish by the way. Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. You should provide your full history since you entered the UK. This is because your application can be rejected for failure to disclose your details of your history. Ultimately, it will make no difference that you did n't have your WRS as it is only the last five years which are relevant. However, as the Home Office will have your details on file if you were paying tax, you should disclose the lot. Otherwise your application will get rejected for being false and not disclosing everything.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

2. Be aware that you can apply for dual UK Polish citizenship after five years in the UK. However, you need to be able to show that you were visa free in the uK FOR THE final year by having a Permanent Residence card for that final year. Here is a link to the forms for getting a permanent residence card

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

3. I would advise you to apply for UK citizenship if you intend continuing to live in the UK, given that the UK is leaVING the EU. It is perfectly legal to have both Polish citizenship and UK citizenship at the same time.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

4. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your question.