How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

The student loan company have asked me to prove that I have

Customer Question

The student loan company have asked me to prove that I have no income by getting my husband to write to them confirming that he is supporting me. He says he won't on the grounds that he has no contract with them and that my student loan has nothing to do with him. They are threatening to fine me unless I provide proof that he is supporting me. I telephoned them and they asked how I was living if I had no income. I explained that I was living with my husband (of 36 years) but they insist that he must sign their form and write to them neither of which he will do. I am considering signing the form myself (pp my husband ) and writing the letter myself stating that I am being supported by him - I really do not see what else I can do. Can they fine me? How can I make another human being do anything? (I am 59 and not yet getting my pension, my husband is retired.)
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Is it in the contract that they can fine you please?