How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34908
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am 58 years old born in July 1957. I would like to move to

This answer was rated:

I am 58 years old born in July 1957. I would like to move to England, and have been tld of a "Right of Abode" l do not understand this but as I have a family tree that goes back to a male ancestor born in Bristol UK 1831 l would like to know if this will help me be able to move from Sydney Australia to England.
Kind Regards
KAYE LABIS ***@******.***

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Where were your parents grand parents and great grand parents all born?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My ancestory from Elijah in Bristol shows that he and his wife migrated to New Zealand where he had his family. One of his sons, my direct ancestor when old enough migrated to Australia. We have been here since. I hope this helps, and l am willing to pay if by this information l will be able to move. I hope this helps you
Kind Regards

I am sorry but you are not entitled to a Right of Abode as the link is too far back.

Equally I am afraid that since none of your grandparents were born in the Uk you are not entitled to an Ancestry Visa either.

I am sorry to give such bad news

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any other possible way to move there? I have a partner who lives in England.

Does your partner have an Income of more than £18,600?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No he doesnt. But l have 150,000.00 AUD. To contribute.

How much is that in Sterling?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
150,000.00 AUD = 85,288.50 GBP approx

How long have you and your partner been together?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have known him for about three years now, over the net. I finally spent 16 days with him in Enland recently.

May I ask how old you both are

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is an extremely large age gap. But l am fully aware of the difference. He is 37 and l am 58, what l want to do is move there, use my money as a deposit on a home, and then plan for him to pay the mortgage. I am on my own here with only my 31 year old son that l am close too,, l don't think feel l am loosing anything by moving, he is on his own with two small children, l have looked into as much as l can, and l would love to help him care for the kids, and my money would be safe with the property in both names.

Thats ok

Are you both willing to consider marriage?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we both are.

Would you consider coming for a longer visit first?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but we are planning on getting married next time I am there.

YOU can apply to come here on a Fiancee Visa which can then be changed to a Spouse Visa after the wedding.

You can read more here

Whilst he does not meet the income requirement your capital will ensure that the financial requirement can be met

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great Thank you so much for your help. It is very much appreciated.
Kind Regards

You are most welcome I hope all goes well

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning Clare,
If possible I have a few more questions.
What is the financial Requirement for?
Do we need a Fiancee Visa first? We were just planning on getting married then applying for a spouse.
Also when we marry, once we put spouse application in, will I be able to stay in England while it is being processed?
Kind Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Armed with the info you have given me, and a bit more reading for myself, would I be right in saying that as an Australian I currently enter the UK for 6 months, and during that 6 months, we could then apply for a fiance visa and an extended visa so that I may stay in the UK till we marry? There is just one important question left. As I am Bi-Polar I need daily medications, will I be able to see a specialist to get the prescriptions I need and the medications?

You can enter for six months - and indeed you can marry whilst you here - but you have to return home to apply for the spouse visa

You will be able to pay privately for the health care you need

Clare and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you