How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have a County Court case pending 10/08/16. A Private Land

This answer was rated:

I have a County Court case pending 10/08/16. A Private Land parking dispute £175.00 plus any discretionary costs. My defence is that I was denied my statutory rights of an independent appeal (POPLA) because the 28 deadline expired. The reason for missing the
28 day deadline was a computer or adminstrative error by the 3 rd party agent I used.
I obtained agreement from POPLA to conduct an appeal after the 28 day deadline if the
Plaintiff Parking Eye issued another incident number. They declined and instigated a county court action. I offered mediation on the court papers, agreeing that I would be bound by any POPLA decision. They again declined. They have bombarded me with over 300 pages
of legal bumph as a case. In my defence I have a complete email and correspondence
audit trail.
Should I take legal advice or conduct my own defence?
Yours sincerely.**************

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you would like to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning.
Basically I just want to know if my defence is any good legally and if so should I engage a legal representative for the court appearance or can I conduct my own...?
Difficult question I know, but I am pretty experienced as a public speaker and can present business proposals well.

Tell me about the 3rd party agent, I dont quite understand the issue?

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you