How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have been with my now husband years married three years. I

Customer Question

I have been with my now husband for 16 years married for nearly three years. I found out last year that he has been messaging women since 2014.I have all the evidence. I tried to separate/divorce when I first found out but did not have a full time job. I have been employed since Sept 2015 now, albeit on a temporary contract. I would like to now divorce. I have asked for half the house , well half with a bit of a top up 200k and maintenance until I secure full time permanent employment. We have no children together. He has a daughter he was paying 800 pcm for until sept last year. My husband earns 100k plus bonuses and has a 800k pension pot. He is saying that I cannot have what I am asking for. I do have a small share in an investment property but I own this with family. Is my husband right? thankyou
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first

How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage

What is your share of the other property worth?