Ask a Law Question, Get an Answer ASAP!
1. It is possible to get your English judgment recognised in Ireland and enforced in Ireland. An English judgment is then as good as an Irish one. There is an EU wide system for the recognistion and enforcement of judgments of which both Ireland and England are part of.
2. Nominally, there is no attachment of earnings in Ireland except in Family law proceedings. However, the way you do it in Ireland is you get an Instalment order made whereby the judgment debtor pays you a certain proportion of his salary monthly or weekly as he earns it. So here if he has a salary of 250k you simply get so much paid per month in an instalment order.
3. You can send in the sherriff and sell the goods of the judgment debtor, you can garnishee any bank account he may have, you can get an equitable receiver appointed to any business or trust which generates income for this person. There are several ways other than selling a property to get a judgment enforced in Ireland.
4. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your question.
5. Ask it as a separate question. Please Rate.