How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have not dealt with csa since 2005 last year they

Customer Question

I have not dealt with csa since 2005 last year they contacted me saying I owed £3500 they would contact my employer and take arrears from my wages.They also stated that there was no appeal.I was made redundant in may which I informed them of but still insisted that I should pay £32 a month even though my benefit was only £214 a month I was threatened with a fine if I didn't pay.On checking through the paperwork I found there was no dates or reasoning how the figure was arrived at. My children are now 26 and 21. Only my daughter was mentioned in later correspondence. When i have spoken to them they always mention fines for not cooperating. I always paid for my kids and took my responsibilities seriously. I would appreciate any advice you can give .
Chris *****
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first

Have you asked for a breakdown of the arrears?

Are you aware of any time when you did not pay the correct assessment?