How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Afternoon, we established a business over two years ago and

Customer Question

we established a business over two years ago and employed a accountant to submit the accounts to company house in year 1 we had no turnover as refrub of property was on going, on year 2 we started operating fees were agreed and we paid year 1 although as said we had no turnover, on the finishing on year 2 the accountant asked for extra monies due to extras work carried out we asked for a detailed invoice only to find he was charging us for emails back and forth not agreed by us but alas we know that he doesn't charge his other clients for this what action can we take against him as we have now employed another account on our behalf but other account will not release authorisition codes for company house
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Are you the director of the company? Is the registered office at the property concerned? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm a shareholder in the practice { A dental practice } the dentist is the director as a requirement of the NHS and no the registered office is at the accountant in questionkeith
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you. To mitigate your loss in the mean time, why dont you change the registered office and then ask Companies House to send you a new authorisation code? Is the accountant a chartered accountant regulated by the ICAEW?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes we have tried this but it wont be accepted by companied house in Scotlandkeith
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you. ***** is the same for Scotland and England and Wales. Have they said why they wont accept it? Kind regards AJ