How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hope you can help with a query. Can you advise on how to

This answer was rated:

Good afternoon,
Hope you can help with a query.
Can you advise on how to find a father if they were not named on the birth certificate please.
The mother is reluctant to name confirm the details.
Is it possible to achieve this without a DNA sample.
I look forward to your reply,
Kind Regards
Mark Holdforth

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Do you have any idea of the identity of the father?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only a suggested name at the moment. The birth happened 20 years ago. Sorry I do not have any more info. Regards Mark

Do you know where that person is?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Clare. Thank you the question. No confirmed location for the father. Only know he was from Billingham Cleveland. If this is the actual father. Only really need to confirm if we need to complete a DNA test of both parents to prove if this is them. Look forward to your reply. Sorry if I do not answer again until later. I was at lunch from work and will be back there shortly.

It is not good news I am afraid.

You cannot force the mother to give the name of the father - no one can.

I f you do find the man that you believe may be the father then you can apply to the Court for a Declaration Of Parentage and the court will order a DNA test - but that is the only option I am afraid

Please ask if you need further details

Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought that would be the answer.Thank you for your helpKind regardsMark Holdforth

I am sorry to have given bad news