How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am an agent doing the self-assessment client. They are

This answer was rated:

Hi - I am an agent doing the self-assessment for a client. They are selling their second property in the name of one of them. They split the costs and the profits. They may have a CGT issue - can I divide the liability between them? 50:50 or?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Unless they are both named then no.

They need to both be named in order to get two lots of tax free allowances.

You can only split the gain if both named.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you