How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

In December 2015 I was successful in getting a £3,500

This answer was rated:

In December 2015 I was successful in getting a £3,500 judgement against a company through MCOL.
However I failed to take action by the due date and now I am required to pay £100 to get a hearing before a judge to get the case reinstated. Would the following mitigating circumstances be sufficient for a judge to reinstate my case.
1. Whie The delay was enrely due to my inabiity to provide a correct gov't gateway number and password. I have been in touch with the MCO help desk about 4 times commencing in March, but each time their instructions ions did not work for me and I was unable to get them to put the case into the manual system
2. I have very bad parkinsons which leaves me forgetful, and often confused when following complex instructions.
3. I accompanied my wife to Califonia for 10weeks from Dec 30th to March 10th to help withmy mother inlaws hospice care and funeral arrangements. This left me extremely stressed on my return to the uk with a huge backlog of paperwork to get through

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

How long was it before you tried to take action please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Judgement date mid Dec, first extensive try through mcol helpdesk mid May

Right - you have 6 years to enforce?

Are you saying they wont let you enforce even though its only been 6 months?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thats right, although i cant rembember wther theyused the word enforce

Ok - but you can enforce. You have 6 years.

But to enforce there is a cost. Its about £70 I think for online bailiffs but if you do a paper instruction its £100.

Other enforcement is also about £100 for a charging order, order to obtain information, attachment to earnings etc.

But you can enforce UNLESS they have applied to set aside

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i'wll ask the question again tomorrow and get back you. thanks

Sure. If its all good if I could ask you to rate my answer! Thanks

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you