How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71140
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My question concerns the DPA 1998. in particular, I wish to

This answer was rated:

My question concerns the DPA 1998. in particular, I wish to take advantage of the provisions sec 35 disclosures required by law. I cannot find the appropriate application form; I cannot find a sample order. the matter is generally civil in nature, and substance. can you help me ?

What would you like to know about this please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. Where can I get the information I need Please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

You mean where you get the application forms?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on line if possible please

It depends from whom you are applying.

There are no set application forms issued by Parliament.

Sometimes the information holder will have them though. This is an example

But other constabularies have a similar one.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have that one TY however I now need to ask for a court Order
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my request is of HM passport office

Why don't you just complain to the ICO?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Passport office is unhelpful and demands that I obtain an order of court to release third party information it does not seem unreasonable

Ah. I see. It is third party information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you need better information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have you terminated this inerview
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hope this helps you ! I am an unwed Father; I have been estranged from the mother and my son since son's Dob is 31/01/2007 . I have neither seen nor spoken to my son since 2012 and the mother the same. I live in Scotland; In March 2012 Mother and son returned to England. In 2015 I discover that a passport is issued in my son's name sometime in 2013. I do not Know the name of the applicant, neither do I know the true identity of the subject child. I do have PR&R, I do not have contact.
The circumstances provide that the applicant may have stolen my sons identity; and that mistakenly the passport office have wrongly issued the passport. Meanwhile I have a natural and statutory duty of care towards the best interests of my son.I shall carry out such responsibilities come what may.

OK. They are not going to disclose that. That is not your personal information. That is more a FOI request than a DPA one and it would be refused anyway under that statute.

Just apply to court for contact. You will win.

Jo C. and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you