How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 50159
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I have been through an employment tribunal and felt very

This answer was rated:

I have been through an employment tribunal and felt very unhappy with the treatment by the judge. Aswell as the tone he spoke to me in, he refused to allow my evidence to be heard by the court leading to my claim being unsuccessful. The appeal tribunal have advised me that they cannot hear the additional evidence so the appeal failed. I have complained to the court who found nothing untoward and the judicial ombudsman would only investigate the procedure in which the complaint was handled, not the issues involved. I have therefore spend a huge amount of time and money and not had a fair hearing. There is evidence available to prove my claim and nobody willing to hear it. I have been advised about a Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman but was wondering if there is any other options.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

How long ago was the tribunal? Please can you also provide some background on the matter in question? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The initial tribunal was in 2014 with an appeal hearing last year

OK, thank you for your response. Thank you also for the live phone call request. I am unable to talk at the moment but I will review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you in a short while. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not responded to this message as it will just push your questions to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.

Ben Jones and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Hi there if you wish to complain about the conduct or behaviour of a judge you only have 3 months to do so and your complaint must be directed to the Tribunal’s President. For the Employment Tribunal this is Judge (Brian) Doyle and his address:

London Central Employment Tribunals

Victory House 30-34 Kingsway

London WC2B 6EX

If you are not satisfied with the President’s response or the way it was handled you can contact the Judicial Appointments and Conduct Ombudsman (JACO). This must be done within 28 days of being notified that your complaint has been dealt with and closed.

The complaint form is here:

You can then send the form by email or post.

Email: *****@******.***


Judicial Appointments and Conduct Ombudsman

9.53, 9th Floor, the Tower

102 Petty France

London SW1H 9AJ