How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Business advice I require someone to give me an

This answer was rated:

Business advice
I require someone to give me an understanding of a business that i am investing into.
this is an internet based business regarding court judgments and registry systems.
thank you

Hello Simon my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Could you please explain your situation a little more?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi alex can we chat on the phone
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is regards ***** ***** website i am running called

We can, it is an additional service, let me just get that offer to you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this website uploads all court judgments in northern ireland and the uk
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i cannot talk at present with children sorry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi are you there?


What is it you would like to know?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
after everyone is published online , we write out to them to see if they would like to voluntarily elect to remove such details of our website.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this legal?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
badebtor uses social media to drive the website and in turn revenue

I do not quite follow? You want to publish CCJ's?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a small administration fee is shareable if the person wants to remove such details of our systems

How do you know they are accurate? Ie they could have been set aside or cancelled by the Court?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this information is very accurate as it comes from the gazette and government direct

Yes, but how do you know the information you will be holding is accurate and up to date?

But it wont show if a CCJ has been cancelled or satisfied?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
once is it satisfied the debtor can inform us
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it will be removed
Customer: replied 1 year ago. all information comes from online government website

Is it illegal what you are doing - no

If the information is publicly available.

However you need to be sure that the information is correct and accurate.

If it is not you could be in breach of Data Protection.

But in theory what you are offering is not illegal.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is it legal for me to ask a person or company for an administration fee to remove such details of my own website?

Yes, but you need to make sure the information held is accurate.

You cant charge a fee if the information is wrong

Does that clarify? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does , and one more thing , if for any reason you are wrong with what you have told me , do you hole professional indemnity insurance and how can i get hold of you if this arises?

This is a question and answer site. No contractual or professional relationship exists between us as per the terms and conditions and disclaimer. The information contained on this post is considered 'as is' and does not replace professional advice.

You can come back to the question at any time, by clicking on your account.

Can I clarify anything else for you? ALex

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you