How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My partner of 8 years left me last August, taking our 3

This answer was rated:

Hi, my partner of 8 years left me last August, taking our 3 young children (now aged 6, 4 and nearly 2). I have parental responsibility as I am named as the father on their birth certificates. Since about February she has openly been in a new relationship and her new man has recently moved in with her. In my opinion, this is all too fast and too soon in terms of introducing a new partner to the children. I don't have any evidence, but I also suspect she is being coerced and groomed as some of the things she has done recently are simply not like her.
She has just told me she has a holiday booked for a week, from next Sunday i.e. 10 days time. I don't mind her taking the children on a holiday, and I have them them week after, but is there anything I can do such as getting an injunction to prevent her boyfriend going too, as I am really uncomfortable about him being in such close contact with them?

Hi, thank you for your question. In order for the children to travel abroad she will need your consent for this as you have parental responsibility and without any written consent they may be stopped at the border and refused travel.

In relation to her new partner, unless you can evidence concerns or risk towards the children it would be difficult for you to persuade a court to restrict his movements and prevent travel abroad with them. If you are able to demonstrate this then you can apply to court for a prohibited steps order under form C100 and a £215 court fee to the children's local family court and the court will consider whether there are grounds to prohibit the children travelling with him.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you